Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Wiggle Worm

Well, I had my first official doctor's appointment today. It went really well. All my lab tests came back normal, so that's good. She only saw one baby on the ultrasound, so that's GREAT! I didn't get to hear the heartbeat but I did get to see it. I have to admit that I did tear up when I saw our little WonderBean (formerly WonderBun) wiggling around in there. And it was wiggling, a more apt description was that it was doing the twist. I have my next appointment set for 15 May and from there I'll schedule my BIG ultrasound where we find out if the Bean is a girl or a boy. I'm going to take WonderKid with me to that u/s appointment and she is so excited. She kept asking for me to bring home a picture of the baby and I was able to oblige her, so I will share those pictures with you now.

The alien-esque type circle to the right is the head, the triangle to the left of that is the body and if you look really closely there are two whitish dots on either side of the body that are WonderBean's hands. They're not great pictures, there were definitely more times that you could see the arms better and the baby as a whole, but I'm grateful for what I got. I was so relieved to see that heart beating...for some reason I was just sure it wouldn't be. I can't wait for my next appointment so hear the heart beat...and to set up the ultrasound appointment.

No comments: