Monday, March 09, 2009

Good weekend...

Well, overall I had a pretty good weekend, considering Eric isn't here.  I got a lot of cleaning done, had a movie marathon and even got a little exercise in.
I have been very unmotivated to clean since Eric left and I knew if I didn't do something that I would be totally overwhelmed right before he came home.  Because you know I want the place spotless when he comes home (even if it's only for a couple of days).  So I just went ahead and did it this weekend.
On Saturday, I worked the downstairs.  I did dishes, cleaned counters, swept and mopped the kitchen, vacuumed the living room, vacuumed out the couch and started laundry.  I also had time to watch 2 and a half Potter Movies (part one of Potterfest).  Today I vacuumed upstairs, finished laundry, changed the girls sheets, washed the couch cushion covers, did more dishes and wiped down the bathrooms (minus the tub).  I also watched the other 2 and a half potter movies.  I also vacuumed again after the girls went to bed tonight.  I love coming downstairs to a clean house in the morning.  I need to remember that more often. ;)
The girls were good this weekend.  Joey had been a bit crabby the last part of the week but she's been back to her cheerful self these past 2 days.  I got some cute pictures of her on the computer to compare with some of Rye around the same age, but I'll have to do that tomorrow since the camera battery is charging at the moment.  So 2 posts, 2 days in a row...alert the media!
The highlights of the weekend though were, of course, talking to Eric.  As much as being apart sucks, I think it really helps us make the most of the time we are together and to be happy when those times come.  I miss him so much and I can't wait to see him in a couple of weeks.  Not too much longer.
I think that's about it for now.  On the list for tomorrow is finishing laundry (I just need to put everything away), cleaning off the kitchen table and the computer area.  I'll post again then and share some pics.   

No comments: