Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My pretty girl

I can't believe my Ryelie is going to be 8 years old in just a month.  It feels like just yesterday that we were bringing her home to our little apartment in Bremerton.  She has become such a 'mini-adult' lately.  Wanting to be in the grownup's conversations, which I am constantly reminding her she's just not old enough for.  She's thinking things through more thoroughly, trying to be funny in 'not so childish' ways.  I miss my little baby girl but, at the same time, I'm looking forward to this new time of her life.  Don't get me wrong...it scares the begeezus out of me.  We're already dealing with 'teen type' attitude and sullenness.  And I think, if this is how it is at 8, how much worse will the teen years be?!?!?  But we'll handle it, we'll deal.  I love my girls so much, I just want them to grow up thinking more of themselves than I did of myself.  I want her to be happy.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ahh what a cute cute picture.

Layla said...

so pretty!