Sunday, March 04, 2007

WonderBun

Family

Well, I thought I'd write a little about what's going on in our family and how I'm feeling. Maybe I'll do little updates through out the pregnancy.
I've been feeling pretty good. No morning sickness so far. I've had a few nights of heart burn, but that doesn't seem to be a regular thing (knock on wood). I think my biggest challenge will be not to over eat. To eat until I'm satisfied and then stop. When I go till I'm stuffed is when I seem to get the heartburn feeling in the the evening. The main physical things I've been feeling are cramps and exhaustion. To give you a clue as to how tired I am...I had a Mountain Dew two days ago and I've slept both nights since. This is a rare occurance. Though during the day I'm really tired, it's not enough to take a nep, just enough that I'm yawning constantly.
We told WonderKid and she is super excited. The morning after she was telling all the moms at the bus stop that I was pregnant and she was going to be a big sister. I am so happy to see her excitement about this. A few weeks before we found out we were at Target and she was seeing all these moms with 2 children and she kept commenting on it. "Oh look, she has two kids." "It's good to have two kids." "They look happy with two kids." It was very sweet and I'm glad that things have worked out the way they have. I'm not sure that if I had ended up pregnant earlier that she would have been as okay with it.
Both Mr.Wonder and WonderKid have talked about what sex they want. Mr.W wants another girl. WK now says she wants a little boy (though last week she said she wanted a girl). I'll be okay with either one. I've actually been throwing out names to Mr.W because I know that with WK we had a lot of trouble agreeing on a name. What amuses me is the Mr.W won't even entertain boy names. He says we're not having one, so there's no point in discussing them. I guess we'll have to deal with that if and when we're able to find out the sex.
I can't wait to meet this baby. To complete our family. It's going to be a long 35 weeks I have left.





1 comment:

Heather said...

Kim..I am so excited for you!!