Saturday, June 10, 2006

Happy Anniversary to Us!

6 beautiful years! That's the milestone Hub and I hit today. I think every year is a milestone. With Divorce rates in America being as high as they are I think you have to celebrate each year fully! How did Hub and I do that this year, you ask. I know that's what you're all thinking, didn't you know that I can read minds now. I've been working really hard on it. Our day started out as normal. We got up and we babysat our friend's 17 month old and took her with us to get Hub's haircut and get some groceries. Came home, had lunch and went to the apartment pool. Hung out for a while and dropped the Kid of at our affore mentioned friend's house so we could go out. And what fantabulous restaurant did we visit?!? TACO BELL, BABY! We decided we didn't need anything fancy, we just wanted time together. We realized this a few years ago when we were in California. We had reservations at this great Italian place in Yucca, we got there and there were TONS of people there, some with reservations some without. We quickly saw that we weren't going to get a table so we went to Pizza Hut instead. We had a great time. It was the time together, not where we had it that mattered. After our mexican fiesta we came home and took a walk together. We haven't done that in a long time (with or without the Kid). I'm typing this before I go pick up the little one, when on returning home she'll be put directly to bed. I love these nights that we have to ourselves. It really makes me realize what an awesome Hubby I have. How much I still love him, after 6 years of marriage and 7 years of knowing him. He's better now than he was back then. He can still make me laugh and he still thinks I'm sexy...can you beat that? I really am the luckiest girl in the world! Thank you God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

duh taco bell is THE BEST

Heather said...

congratulations!