Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Semper Fi Marine!

Well, yesterday the Kid and I headed down the the North Carolina border to Hub's work. We don't head down there to actually go to his work but yesterday was a special day. Hub re-enlisted into the Corps for 4 more years. It was fairly "informal"...just us, the dudes from work and the higher ups. Hub has Major O do the ceremony. This guy is so nice. He was honorably discharged and for a minute there we were no longer a military family. He was then re-instated for more more years of service. I was caught completely off gaurd when they asked me to come up and and they read a letter and certificate for me for supporting Hub through his service to our country. You can't see it in the pictures, but I am SO UNCOMFORTABLE! I'm sure my face to red too. Hub kept looking at me smiling and then tells me after that he had no idea they were going to do that and that he would have warned me. Maybe I wouldn't have shown up had I known. I don't like getting put on the spot. But I could tell Hub was happy they did it. The officers kept thanking me for standing by him. It was a little disconcerting. It's weird, half the time I think I want to be recognized for things I do...but I get so embarrassed when I do. So here are the pictures, Hub is so handsome.
These are most of the dudes that Hub works with. There was one that wasn't there that should have been and it was very irritating. Great bunch of guys and the Kid LOVES them. Hub making his deal with the devil...dog! Ha! (That's Major O, swearing him in)

Signing his life away...not really!

No comments: