Saturday, August 19, 2006

I AM A....


HAPPY HOUSEWIFE! And I'm proud of being a happy houswife. I LOVE being at home, taking care of my home, my man and my baby girl. As a lot of you know, WonderKid will be starting Kindergarten this year and then on to full days in the 1st grade (that's the way it usually works ;)). I've tinkered with the idea of going back to work part time and the idea of having another child so I don't have to go to work. Hee Hee! Mr.Wonder has repeatedly told me that if I don't want to go to work, I don't have to. We can afford for me not to work and he likes that I'm here to take care of our daughter and our home. But I've always felt like I won't be contributing as much if I'm "just a stay at home Mom". But I've read a book that has changed my whole outlook. It's called Happy Housewives by Darla Shine. It's okay that I like to be at home cooking, cleaning and all that other mundane stuff that other women look down on. It's okay that I'd rather be doing that than working, any day. Sure, the extra cash flow would be nice...but making our home a happy& comfy place, making memories with my daughter is way more important to me. I'm sick & tired of feeling worthless by societies standards. I'm not taking it anymore! I'm proud of what I do...and I'll admit I'm pretty darn good at what I do! When WonderKid goes back to school, I may not head back to the work force so quickly. I have so many plans for our home. I want to make it look like a HOME, not a college kids apartment. I want to get up and do my daily cleaning routine. I want to make tasty, healthy meals for my family. I want to teach WonderKid that trying new foods is not akin to being tortured. I'm really excited to start making my house into a home, more than it already it is. I'm excited to embrace the roll I've been living for more than 5 years now.
Watch out Martha...you've got some competition!

4 comments:

Beth said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!

Heather said...

WOOOHOOO Wonderwoman!! I am so excited for you!!

Heather said...

I want to be just like you. OK well I have the same mind set it just doesn't work like that most days. You are such a inspiration. So that book was good?

*Tanyetta* said...

i love it! :)