Monday, August 07, 2006

Progress

Okay, I know I've posted alot today, I swear this is the last. A long while ago my MIL got me a learn to knit kit. I have put off learning, I hate not being able to just know how to do things. But when Mom was here visiting she showed me what the book told me (I am way more of a visual learner). So I did this little 3x3 inch square while Mom was here. I took a few days off and when I tried to start back up I kept getting irritated at how loose it was and how the yarn liked to fray apart. So I threw away the practice piece and started trying to make a scarf with some yarn I got from Wally's. I'm going pretty good, actually everything you're going to see in the picture I did in one day. I'm so proud of myself for not giving up when it got irritating. You can't really see it put I have a stripe effect going using the knit and purl stitches. Hard to explain...here it is.
Sidenote: I'm super irritated cuz Mr.Wonder called and I couldn't find the stinking phone! It was in the bathroom, why would I leave the phone in the bathroom?! He'll be calling back tomorrow so I guess I can be patient. At least I'll get to talk to him, even though I'd rather SEE him on my birthday!

No comments: