Sunday, May 28, 2006

4 more years...


Well, the package came back this week saying that Hub could re-enlist. So on Wednesday the 31st, he'll be heading up to Battalion to the career planners (Hub calls him the Career Jammer) office to do his re-enlistment ceremony. He doesn't need anything fancy...just wants to get it done. We've been talking a lot about what we're going to do over the next few years and where we want to go. There is some confusion about our bonus size...Hub heard it was a multiple of 1.5 but the Jammer told him it was a multiple of 1, so he's checking on it for him. Don't ask me what it means, I have no clue, but I know it's a difference of about $5,000. So let's hope for the former, shall we? Even though we won't get it. Ah, the military. I've been much less stressed since we've figured everything out. Waiting on God to take care of things is hard, but definitely worth the wait. Let's hope I realize that sooner next time, for I am sure there will be one. Things have been really good here. The Kid had a sleep over and Hub and I had some "us time" yesterday evening. We went to a BBQ at a friends and watched the UFC fights. Can't wait for the next one. I'm such a goober, I actually like those things. We're in one of the good times, which in military life can sometimes come few and far between, especially when they're deployed. I'm glad we have another year of not having to worry about that. There is at least one school Hub wants to go to within this year and he may be going to Rota, Spain in August to help train over there for 3 weeks. I think these mini-trips (if you will) are good. Not that I want him to leave, they still suck and I miss him desperately, but I think they will help the Kid in the long run. I know when we leave here not soon after we go where ever we're going, he'll be deploying for at least 6 months. When that time comes I can tell her, "Remember when Daddy took those trips for work? He always came back, right? He'll be back again. We can get through this together." Here's hoping she believes me. I know already that those times are going to be so hard for her. She already cries if he has to stay the night at work for Ops. "I don't want Daddy to work. I want him to come home," have been heard from her mouth many times. I'm so happy that she's feeling that need for him. There are still times where she doesn't listen to him or give him the cuddle time he wants with her. Like she's afraid he'll leave or that she's holding it back from him as a punishment. We're trying to explain that when he leaves it doesn't mean he doesn't want to be with us or that he doesn't love us anymore. That it's part of his job and nothing more. That he's rather be home hanging out with us than anything else. Let's hope that as she gets older she'll be able to understand it better, even if she doesn't like it.

No comments: