Monday, May 08, 2006

Positive Polly



So, I'm trying something new. I'm tryin out a little thing called, "being positive." Have you ever heard of it? I know, I know...it's not a very popular thing these days. But I'm trying to help it make a comeback. So, in this post, I'm going to list some things about myself that I like...hard to believe but there are a few things I don't put myself down about. I won't even put the "things I want to improve on" list at the end of the "things I like" list...even though part of my is dying to. So here are the things I like about me (I'm not sure how long this list will be, as I'm flying by the seat of my pants right now.) I love:
1. My hair! I've been doing this new natural thing where I'm embracing the waves. It's nice not to have to blow dry after every shower.
2. The way I look when I actually do my make-up. I feel like a hot momma!
3. The way I make friends for life. I'll be the first to admit that I don't make good friends that easily...but once I do, I won't let go of them. They may let go of me sometimes, but I always think of them at odd moments...I guess that's called loyalty.
4. My memory. I am great at remembering things...commercials, movie lines, people's name and faces, funny stories and, sadly, gossip.
5. My sense of humor. I love that I get goofy and dorky. That I still think it's hilarious to do "Mr. Peepers" to Eric, just to make him laugh.
6. That I love movies. I love them all which means I relatively easy to please. I love that something so simple is such an escape for me.
7. That I'm not afraid of admitting when I need help or prayers. I know I'm not perfect and to be totally honest, I don't think I want to be. How boring that would be!
8. My laugh. It's so retarded it's funny. I even get a snort in there sometimes. I get embarrassed sometimes, but I get over it quick.
9. That I can forgive and forget pretty quickly/easily. When someone apologizes to me, I usually take it at face value and move on. Usually forgetting what I was mad about soon there after.
10. That I am quick to ask forgiveness. My sisters used to say I was a suck up because I'd apologize fairly quickly when I'd upset my Mom. God was just kind enough to give me a heart that sees it's wrongs right away. I hate hurting people and I love that I'm not afraid to admit it and ask for forgiveness.

I'll stop there. I don't want you all to think I'm that into myself. =) I've decided to make this a tag you're it type thing. If I list your name you have to post on your blog or email me 10 things you like about yourself. I think this will be a great way for us to focus on some of the positive in our places of venting. So, I tag...
Heather Y
Heather G
Michelle
Stephanie
Beth
Dani
Shari
Liz
Randy (the only dude to read this blog) I love you man!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Awwwhhh, Mr. Peepers. I miss Mr. Peepers. Next time I see you, you have to do Mr. Peepers for me. M'kay? Oh, and yeah, give me a day or two, but I'll do my posts.

Heather said...

Hey Kim :) what a brave thing! phew! (isn't that horrible how hard it is to list our positives?) I will do it..but like you it is difficult to "put yourself out there" very encouraging!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, Kim. Here goes:
1. My naturally curly hair. Lots of people wish their's wasn't so straight. I hear ya sista about the natural hair thing!

2. My ability to care so deeply about people. Guess that's why I chose the career I did.

3. That I found the most wonderfully, terrific man in the whole world to spend the rest of my life with!!

4. That God blessed me with a crazy smart and funny little woman. Although sometimes I have to practice much patience and that's hard to do.

5. My ability to navigate and find where I'm going (travel). I've always been great with directions.

6. That I can tolerate my liquor pretty well (kind of silly, huh?).

7. That I like pedicures and spa things.

8. I'm one of the most organized people in the world (next to Ben of course).

9. That I married into a wonderful family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. That I'm constantly learning new things everyday through work, Ben, or Meghan.

Thanks for starting this!
Love-Shari