Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Happy Family!

Well, the news is in. We will be here in Virginia for another year. Hub will not be able to re-enlist for orders, which means we can't leave within the next 6 months. He can re-enlist and then get orders when he's 6 months from leaving here (in December or January). The only thing that sucks about this is that he'll have to deal with his new monitor, who is a complete jerk off. But that's okay, we can deal with that when we got to it. Hub thinks it would still be easier to try and get 29 Palms over Hawaii, but we're going to try for Hawaii first. We'd really like to be stationed with our friends Buck & Layla if we can. If the monitor tells us no, then we'll request 29. It's just such a relief to know what's going on. I can now sign up for MoPS again next year, because I know we'll be here. I can know that the Kid will be able to keep her friendship with little Ryan from class growing through the summer at the pool (though not at ours, as it cost us $2 a day for a guest, what crap!). I know that my Moms can come and visit me in July like planned, I'm really looking forward to that. I know that with Hub's bonus (which he can get re-enlisting this way too) I'll be able to fly home in July for my reunion too. I'm so excited about that. We'll be able to pay of one of the cars and put a big chunk on the other one and we'll be able to put a bit in savings. And staying here, we'll have another year of having extra left over from our BAH, that we can put toward the rest of our bills. If we do end up with order to Hawaii next year, we'll have friends there to help us with the transition and we'd be able to try and get orders before their school year starts in July. So, everything is working out right. I know I should have trusted God more. I know he was teaching me through this. I just need to be more willing to learn these things. And open my eyes and heart to them. Since I know we're staying here, I want to find a church and have us start going more. I really think we need that, and maybe find one that has a women's bible study so that I can meet with a smaller group and get to know more people. The Kid seems to like the one we go to now (every so often), but it's a bit of a drive and with gas prices, though I guess with not having to drive over there 3 times a week for her preschool, we could probable keep attending there. And they do have a Women's Bible study on Tuesday...sorry, I'm starting to ramble. Anyway, I just wanted to share that things are much more settled. As soon as Hub's request to re-enlist comes back from headquarters, he'll be able to submit his package and we'll officially be apart of the Marine Corps family for another 4 years. I'm actually looking forward to it. I have some plans for this next year but I'm not going to share them at this time until they are more developed.
Oh, and as you can see I can post pictures again, thanks to Boo for telling me how to get that all situated. Maybe you should tell Pup what you had me do so she can do them at home too. Just a thought.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

she has eric left eye and your right eye

Danielle said...

well maybe they are both his

Heather said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!