Friday, May 26, 2006

Moving up & on...


Well, as of today...the Kid is offically no longer a preschooler. We had her end of year party for school today. We went to a gymnastic place and the Kid had a good time. She was a little grumpy, but what else ins new. She'll be starting Kindegarten this coming fall and it scares the living crap out of me. She's growing up on me and it's freaking me out. Like I don't see enough of this in the day to day stuff. Things she says, the attitudes or airs she puts on...she's like an actual person now. Not that she wasn't before. I think of her tying her shoes, reading, taking the bus and it makes me want to cry. She's actually doing math people!! She's adding in the back seat...going, "Mom, what's one plus one make?" "Count on your fingers hun." "One and one make...one, two. One and one make two!" This was out of the blue...she just started it a couple of days. I am so amazed at her. She blows my mind. There are days I get so irritated and wonder why I ever had kids...but one smile from her and I'm done. Her and her Daddy are much the same in that way. They can both un do me with a smile....and they both know it. I have such a great family! I hope I can remember that more often. If I stay away from that evil substance known as caffeine...otherwise known as...the devil in liquid form.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I think that anyone who has ever met the Kid knew right off the bat that she is one smart cookie. What a sweety.