Tuesday, May 23, 2006

When I grow up, I want to be...


I know, I know...there are alot of little girls that would like to be Wonder Woman, or guys wanting to be with her, for that matter. But I seriously love the character of Wonder Woman. Would I be able to get away with the outfit, probably not...but to be able to do things without fear. To fight crime and make the world a better place...heck yeah! Bracelets that deflect bullets, sign me up. I don't need to deflect real bullets, but harsh words or thoughts, how cool would it be to be able to flip your wrists up and fling that stuff right back at who ever sent it at you? How empowering that would be. I want to be a good mother...I'm not too worried about the wife thing, I've got that down pretty good. I have a great relationship with Hub...but with the Kid. I feel bad for her sometimes, having me as a Mom. I'm not trying to have a pity party...I just know that I don't have the patience that I'd like. It's gotten a little easier lately...I've been praying every morning for God to help through just one day. To be what she needs just for that day...it seems to be working. I want to be the best for her. That's what she deserves. She's such a great kid. A little chatty, but great. =) That's what's been hardest for me, she is always talking. Never stops! It's weird because I know I used to talk a lot and those that have seen me once I've consumed Caffeine know that I can still talk a lot. I actually used to talk really fast too. My sister's used to joke that I was like Six from Blossom...remember her? But now a days...not that much into talking when I'm around the house, but not the Kid. If she could talk 24 hours a day, she'd do it. No really, I'm not kidding around. I want to be able to take all that in stride. I want to be Wonder Woman, gosh darnit! Can't I just have this one little thing? Please!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

it ok to be impatient when a kid is talking none stop. you should make sure that she knows she has to be quite sometimes. just so that she knows not everyone likes a chatty kid...do you understand what i am trying to say cuz it sounds a little weird to me.

Heather said...

I beg to differ! It is human to be impatient, but none of us enjoy getting impatient with our children. We strive to train them without the impatience by the strength of the Holy Spirit. And "the Kid" is 4...they all talk non-stop at 4 especially if they are an only child. Wow, a little abrupt to call someone else's child weird when you don't even know them. Sorry Kim...that comment just rubbed me the wrong way.

Heather said...

Danielle, Dani...you would think I would put that together!! I HAD NO IDEA...I am soooo sorry. I know you would never say anything to offend your sister...I thought it was just some random person thinking they knew something. Please forgive my indignation and infringing on sister rights! Sincerely, Heather