Thursday, May 04, 2006

I might be just a little bit crazy!

I know, you're thinking, Kim? Crazy? How could this be? I must be. I think I've become addicted to exercise...not in an anorexic sort of way. Yesterday I did my Core Secrets ab and butt workout and I am dying today. But did that stop my from doing my jog today? No! It was actually one of my best jogs yet. I only walked one block right in the middle. I liked the feeling of tightness in my legs while I was running, like I could feel the muscles toning up. After all that's what I'm after. I don't want to lose weight, technically I'm underweight for my height, which I don't understand, as I eat like a pig. I just want to firm up my butt and upper thighs, maybe tight my abs a bit too. Nothing crazy. I just love the way it makes me feel. I actually feel bummed if I don't get to take a walk everyday (that's not including my jog, on jog days.) The jog is for exercise, the walk is for my peace of mind. I listen to music that helps me embrace God...to think of all he does for me. Maybe that sounds too spiritual, but it's true. I pray and sing in my head while I walk..it centers me.
I might not be taking one tonight, not sure if my legs will hold up. I may not be able to walk tomorrow, but I'm okay with that. It's a good kind of pain.
So, am I a little crazy? What do you think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait til you hit 30 then your gonna get FAT FAT FAT... well i hope so cuz then i wont be the only one ;o)

so i think that in everything we do there is a little bit of addiction. because if it makes us feel good or bad (which ever you want to feel) we are going to want to do it again.

exercise makes your body feel good there for it is going to want to do the things that bring it enjoyment.

does that make sense? i have the words in my mind i want to say but i am a little stressed out today and when i go to write the words down i cant think of it..maybe it is because i am off paxil too. i started to call chuy amanda and then carl last night. not much is coming out of my mouth lately

Heather said...

Good for you Kim...that so motivates me.

Beth said...

I don't think you're crazy. I totally understand the whole "addicted to exercise" thing. Too bad I'm not addicted right now, and I'm just being a big lazy schmutz.

Heather said...

YEA YEA Whatever you all make me sick. I will do anything to get out of my walks 3xs a week. I hate doing stuff. I guess i wish i could be motivated like you. But i like my coach better, hehe.

Good job though Kim, keep it up.

Heather said...

YEA YEA Whatever you all make me sick. I will do anything to get out of my walks 3xs a week. I hate doing stuff. I guess i wish i could be motivated like you. But i like my coach better, hehe.

Good job though Kim, keep it up.