Thursday, April 06, 2006

Ah, the military...

So, I know I've stated on here that we have the options of going to Hawaii, San Diego or 29 Palms if Hunny stays in the intantry. Well, today I found out our options if he gets into counter-intel. They are as follows...San Diego, Camp Lejune (in NC for those that don't know) and Okinawa, Japan. He met witht he CI guys yesterday and today. He meets with a board on the 26th and has a research paper that he needs to complete this week. I will be on him like white on rice or it will never get done. He asked me last night if I'm really behind him in this. I told him of course I am. He's worried because of the high deploying, but I know we can do it. Though, we may talk of putting off having another baby until we see just how much he deploys to see if I can handle it. Am I a big wuss, YOU BET! I'm not sure I could handle another baby if Eric is gone ALL the time. Having only Ryelie would be much easier on my fragile sanity. =) Will I love him being gone alot? Of course not! How could you people think such a thing?! But I know this is something that he REALLY wants to do and I for one think he'd be AMAZING at it. He's just one of those people...I don't know how to describe it. He's much smarter than he gives himself credit for (which irritates the snot out of me, which is kind of a good thing right now, it being allergy season and all..I am cracking myself up today) and I know that he was made for this job. So anyway, back to the original topic...I asked where he'd want to go out of the 3 places, he said OKI! That is so far away. We talked about going there before we came to VA...I'm so scared of it though. Going across country is one thing, but a WHOLE NOTHER COUNTRY!?! It scares me spittless. I know we could do and and it's an opportunity to see a part of the world I'd otherwise not see, change is just so scary for me. Part of me wants to go to Oki, but the other wants to go to Sd where I know some peeps and I wouldn't be too far out of my comfort zone. I know this might not even be an option if he doesn't get this job, so I'll just wait on the Lord. He knows what I'll be able to handle. So, I'll keep this here thing updated to let you know the progress of Eric's interveiw process. Peace, I'm outta here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

duh,, SAN DIEGO!!!!

Heather said...

:) Praying for you.